The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Dragon's Prophet update

Peete
Charter Member
Charter Member

Dragon's Prophet update

Post by Peete » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:44 pm

This is just a quick update on the guild and the game.

We use to have 25-30 players on during a week, now we are down to under 10. Since neither Alfred August and Nymira play very much anymore I made them just members after talking to them.

On the brighter note we are less then a week away from getting guild level 10 even with fewer players. I want to thank those that have been adding points for guild.

Also I watch the Twitch video. They are hinting that the game will officially launch when the Homes areas PVP with Castles controlling the area with homes launches at the end of August.

There will be more Dragons with the launch, and I think a new area to get to 80 but i am not totally sure yet.

They will also be removing Charisma for capturing Dragon, and adding a new stat. Charisma will still determine how strong your Dragon is, and how long you can have him, just not capturing.

It is not clear if this change will make it easier to catch dragons. It sounds that way, but Since I lost my apartment since the last update, i am not all that certain (They are still working on getting my apartment fix)

That is about all I can think of for now.

Taking over Norrath, one Dragon Lord at a time

Nymira
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Re: Dragon's Prophet update

Post by Nymira » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 pm

I think the change in charisma is very very positive - the current method forces everyone to spec in charisma to have fun (and capture the ancients)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
FFXIV: Miss Nymira http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... r/1793998/
Battle.net: Nymira#1417
PSN: Nymirah
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Nymira_G3

AAugust
COG Member
COG Member

Post by AAugust » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 am

So is it not going to be tied to the attributes then?
If they just create another attribute all together, wont it take away from the rest of the character? (IE: if you now have to spec this new skill to cap high level dragons, and chr to keep them out long enough to make a difference in a fight, then you wont have any points to put into your class powers.) Almost seems like the formula will require that you purchase a respec after you cap your dragons, if you want to do anything at all in pvp when the frontier system drops.

Peete
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Peete » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:51 am

I am not sure but it sounds like they may just put the new stat on Armor. My main concern is it may take a while to balance it out, since we need a ton of charisma to get flute dragons

Taking over Norrath, one Dragon Lord at a time