The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Kitta - Esper - Exile

Kit

Kitta - Esper - Exile

Post by Kit » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 am

Hullo all!

I'm here to apply for a place in the guild for the Exile Wildstar branch on Stormtalon :) . I'm a 32 year old life-long gamer. I grew up on Zelda and Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo, and transitioned to MMOs in 2002 with Dark Age of Camelot. I played that game for many years on a fairly casual basis for both pve and pvp. I then moved to WoW at release and ended up a 40-man raid healer (priest), then took a break for PvP exclusively, then back to 25s/10s. I eventually became far more casual and led a small guild that did 10-man raids, until quitting the game (after 7 or so years played) when the grind got to be too much and RL got a little more challenging (moving from college to career and marriage). I've since played Lotro in which I was a total carebear PvEr, SWtoR in which I exclusively did PvP healing (Jedi consular), GW2 in which I did WvW/sPvP almost exclusively (guard/ ele), and shorter stints in GW, EVE online, City of Heroes, DDO, ESO and various other titles that don't currently come to my sleep-deprived mind lol. I've mostly raided and PvPd as a healer, but have spent time as a tank in dungeons, and as an off-tank in 10-man raids. I honestly haven't tried healing yet in Wildstar and only just got to 50 so am not attuned to anything. I've been taking a fairly casual approach to the game, which will most likely be the way I continue due to RL commitments (more on that later lol).

I've always enjoyed making friends in games, and have always found it frustrating to lose a group of friends when moving on from a game, so I absolutely love that Grievance is a multi-game guild. I also highly appreciate the 18+ age minimum. Having been raised in the pre-internet era, I enjoy gaming with people who are well-spoken, polite, and understand that there are real people behind every keyboard and repercussions to what you say and do. I don't enjoy aspects of gameplay that negatively impact someone else's enjoyment unfairly (griefing etc). That being said I do enjoy joking around, have been known to use profanity around friends (not directed at anyone, and I can certainly clean up language in professional situations or around those not appreciative of it, though prefer a mature group that don't mind the occasional swear word), and I don't often take things too seriously or get offended easily. I really dislike drama.

Finally, I've worked as an acute care Physical Therapist for the past 8-9 years or so but have recently gone on maternity leave. We're expecting our first Sept 12th... although it's not the best time to be looking for a new guild since I could need to go "afk" pretty much anytime (yikes!), my current guild has just dissolved and I could also end up waiting 2 more weeks without much else to do but play Wildstar!

Sorry for the length of the app, but thank you for taking the time to read it and to consider my membership! I would love to join you all in Wildstar, and hopefully other games in the future :) .

Kit
All your base are belong to Kit!

Raitha
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Re: Kitta - Esper - Exile

Post by Raitha » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:05 am

Hello Kit! While we do have rated M channels on TS our main lounge is PG rated, hope your okay with that. Also, gratz on the baby on the way!!

Welcome to the family!

When you get a moment grab our Teamspeak info here viewforum.php?f=458 Log on and chat with us!
Also, check out our Wildstar Guild Charter viewforum.php?f=783

Teamspeak is the easiest way to get an invite into the guild, but if for some reason you can not get on when you are in game just see if one of the following officers are online.

Guild Leader- SoulGuardian
XO - Sahmiam
Recruiting Officer- Raitha
Raid Leader - Vandesdelca
Officer - Cyndane
Officer - Gandomel
Officer - Lexander

See you on Nexus!

Kit

Post by Kit » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 am

Good to know and will keep it in mind :) . I'll certainly hop in TS next time I'm on (about to hit the hay), thank you and nice to meet you!

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:24 am

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Kit

Post by Kit » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you for the welcome! Glad to see such great representation on the women front with your GGG division :D . Love it!!

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Welcome =)
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Killam
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Killam » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:30 pm

Welcome to Grievance! :)

Kit

Post by Kit » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks all, it's been great being a part of this!

Beretta
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Beretta » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Welcome to Grievance!

Marissya
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Marissya » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Oh Kit, I really hope you've found your forever home! You've come to us for very nearly the exact same reasons that I did. Being casual or hardcore, you will find people with which to do all of these things.
As family is a third of what we are, having to go "afk" will be nothing but an exciting moment for all of us as well ^_^

And since you're a lady, please check out our Grievance Gamer Girls! We have bi-weekly events on the weekends that take approximately an hour out of your day. Very enjoyable, good laughs to be had.
http://grievancegamergirls.com/

Good luck in game! And of course.....
Welcome to Grievance.

~*`Marissya`*~
~*`Marissya`*~