The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Exile SS Zorrita & Dominion Eng Thingamajigger

Aestron

Exile SS Zorrita & Dominion Eng Thingamajigger

Post by Aestron » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Greetings Grievance Gamers,

Aestron here, and just so you know, I pronounce that with a long "I" rather than a long "A" to remain faithful to what my high school Latin teacher taught me many years ago. Speaking of which, I still have a few days left of being 52 and was considering working on my cantankerousness for the next year of my life but have decided not to. For one thing, it just isn't in me to be that way very much, and for another, I can't tank.

Originally from Vermont, I spent the first twenty or so years of my life as a software engineer working in the southern NH / northern MA area. Then, in 2001, I finally made the radical change I'd been wanting to make for some time and left the US for Colombia (South America; please note the second "o" rather than a "u"), where I've been teaching English as a second language since that time. So, please watch that grammar and especially that punctuation, because if you don't, it may leap off the screen to attack me, and I may be forced to defend myself. :)

As for hobbies, this here is pretty much it. I've been playing MMOs for as long as I've had access to broadband here and computer games before that. My first was City of Heroes, but there's been a long list since then. WildStar is my favorite of all so far, so I expect to be here for a while. I've mostly played solo but would really like to have a good bunch of folks to group with from time to time. I've never really raided in the past, primarily due to poor hardware and/or a poor internet connection, which is also why I've tended to favor ranged dps for the times I do group. I tend not to use Teamspeak, Vent, Mumble, etc. unless I'm grouping, but we'll see if I can manage to be a bit less cantankerous about that. I did watch your latest WildStar video and quite liked it.

My interests tend to lie mostly in the sciences, astronomy above all, but I do still like learning about lots of different areas, which I'm thankful to have the opportunity to do with my students, who come from all different backgrounds and professions. I used to read a lot of science fiction, but gaming has mostly taken over the time dedicated to that, so now that's been relegated mainly to movies and TV shows.

In WildStar, I do have a couple of Exile 50s -- a stalker (though I burnt out on this playstyle before finishing the final content) and my spellslinger, with whom I am currently working on finishing that content and who just got her attunement key. They're two of three Aurin sisters, which is interesting, because prior to this game, I'd never played a female character in my life. I seem to prefer them over males in this game, though. I do have a full four-chua squad over on Caretaker which I intend to level at some point; my engineer will be my first there and will probably be my priority after finishing the content with my SS, though I won't be leaving her entirely, as I do quite like that playstyle, and there's a lot left to do with her.

The characters are:
Exile: Zorrita, spellslinger dps, 50, scientist
Dominion: Thingamajigger, engineer dps, 1, scientist (I almost always seem to play scientists)

As other alts become active, I may ask for them to be added as well if permitted and we have room in the guild(s). I'm not a member of any other guilds; I've been looking for the one guild "to rule them all." :) My hope is that this is that guild.

Good to meet you all, and apologies for the length!
Æ
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk, "Shoreleave"

Killam
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Re: Exile SS Zorrita & Dominion Eng Thingamajigger

Post by Killam » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Welcome to Grievance! :)

Raille
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Raille » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Welcome to Grievance!

Raitha
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Raitha » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:31 pm

I think you may be what the formal English Dictionary calls one an "alt-aholic." Whereby, one individual loves multiple classes in a single game, and cannot chose one over another. *grin* Happy to have you with us!!

Welcome to the family!

When you get a moment grab our Teamspeak info here viewforum.php?f=458 Log on and chat with us!
Also, check out our Wildstar Guild Charter viewforum.php?f=783

Teamspeak is the easiest way to get an invite into the guild, but if for some reason you can not get on when you are in game just see if one of the following officers are online.

Guild Leader- SoulGuardian
XO - Streeg
Raid Leader - Sahmiam
Raid Assistant- Vandesdelca
Recruiting Officer- Raitha
Officer - Cyndane
Officer - Gandomel
Officer - Dralyn
Officer - Lexander
Officer - Luminar

See you on Nexus!

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks for the intro!

Welcome to Grievance.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Beretta
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Beretta » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:38 am

Welcome to Grievance, I'm your Dominion recruiting officer. Feel free to join us on TeamSpeak when you'd like Thingamajigger invited.

Uruketo
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Uruketo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Welcome to the Grievance family!

I shall en-devour to poor upon you mispellings and improper grammar and stuff. :)
SWTOR: Uruketo 70 Bounty Hunter Jedi Covenant
GW2: Uruketo 80 Ranger Jade Quarry
RIFT: Uruketo 70 Warrior Wolfsbane
EQ2: Uruketo 110 Berserker Skyfire
FF14: Uruketo 80 Bard Midgardsormr

Skye

Post by Skye » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:16 pm

A warm welcome to Grievance!

8-)

Aestron

Post by Aestron » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 am

Thank you all, and apologies for my unceremonious disappearance. I came down with something rather abruptly and am finally recovering enough to get back into the game.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Æ
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk, "Shoreleave"