The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

*Reads sign on door.* Looks like the right place!

Cooper

*Reads sign on door.* Looks like the right place!

Post by Cooper » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:27 pm

*Cooper knocks smartly, quickly opening the door and marching straight to the woman at the desk.* Ma'am! My name is- *Trips, hits table on accident, spilling contents of mug all over table, falling on his face. A moment later a picture on the wall falls off.* Right, so, my name is Cooper.

Hey guys, my name is Cooper. I am 25 years old. I found your recruitment thread on the main Wildstar forums. Thought about it for a week or so, stalked your forums for a bit. Grievance seems like the kind of place I would like to be a part of.

Normally I prefer smaller guilds. They have more of a family feel to them and you know most of them. So I was somewhat hesitant to join one so large. However, it does seem like you have it organized as much as possible, and it seems to be working fairly well. With the amount of game bouncing that people do these days, I could see it being very nice to already have friends in new games that you try out. Not something that I really considered in the past.

I started gaming back when Doom and Warcraft 1 were the big things, and Ultima Online was the only MMO out (that I knew of), and eventually here I am today. Hoping to play Wildstar, and perhaps other games in the future. I don't really know what faction or class I would like to play yet. I tend to choose things that are lower on the popularity scale. I hate being the same thing as everyone else, so I imagine I'll choose the underdog again.

I do not have a microphone currently. One of my puppies ate my last one and I plan on buying one for myself this Christmas, however I do tend to listen on the teamspeak/whatever you guys use channels. Especially in raids/dungeons. It's worked in the passed, with people telling me something over comms and I respond via text. Hope that is alright for now?

Also, would you describe Grievance as place open to military members? I have had occasions in the past where a real life situation took me away for a few months, only to come back and find myself kicked. I don't have the kind of job where electricity is a common occurrence in the places I visit. So it is hard for me to remain in constant contact sometimes. :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

NightAngel
Member 8 years
Member 8 years

Re: *Reads sign on door.* Looks like the right place!

Post by NightAngel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Welcome to the Grievance family. Sorry your puppy ate your microphone. :) Yes, Grievance is definitely open to members in the Military, in fact we have several who are. Thank you for your service. Here, real life comes first always. You just let us know when you are pulled for duty and the officers will make a note. We'll be here to welcome you back home and you resume right where you last left off. :)

Kannon
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Kannon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Welcome to the family Cooper! I think you will enjoy it here. While Grievance might be a large organization, we feel more like a grouping of family style guilds. Anyone who serves is more than welcome of course!

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 am

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Shadowborn
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Shadowborn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 am

Welcome to Grievance, glad you found us !
Don't worry about your real life obligations, in Grievance, real life always comes first. We have a forum section dedicated for long term AFK moments just leave a note there if you think you'll be away for some time and it'll never be a problem.

I know what you mean by smaller guild and family feel, but don't worry. Grievance is a family, you can play any games with us and you'll always be welcome and you'll always find fun people to hang with.

As for your mic it's not that big of a deal, normally the only time you'll HAVE to be on TS is for raid or any form of end game content, as long as you can log on TS and listen it shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to know people before Wildstar's launch, there's plenty of Grievance players that are playing other stuff waiting on Wildstar *cough* WoW *cough* ( :P ), so feel free to pick a game and come hang with us !
Our spirit is stronger than you know demon! If we are to fall, then so be it! At least now... we are free!
-Thrall, at the battle of Mount Hyjal.

Mr.Puddlez

Post by Mr.Puddlez » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:55 am

Hey welcome!!!!! This is a great place and has a great family atmosphere

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nyogtha

Post by Nyogtha » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 am

Greetings good sir! *sends Chua minion to clean up mess* Don't worry about the spill, it's not the first time.
Going by your introduction, I'd say you've found your new home! We respect family and real-life obligations, so no, you won't find yourself kicked one day.
Please feel free to check out our live streaming schedule. The WildStar Debuffed live show is on Thursday nights.

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:00 am

Real life always comes first in Grievance, and we most definitely support our military 100%! Welcome to the family!

Liette
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Liette » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:41 am

Welcome to Grievance Cooper!

We have had military peeps afk for months and close to a year at a time, it's not a problem at all. Looking forward to seeing you both in game and in Teamspeak!

Padraic
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Padraic » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:22 am

Welcome to Grievance, and thank you for your service!
Keep your head on a swivel.