The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Hello from Kryton

Kryton

Hello from Kryton

Post by Kryton » Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Hey there,

First and foremost I go by Kryton or Azora on MMOs (Male/Female characters) so not sure which I will pick yet but will see as the newer races are discussed and revealed along with what faction to play as (probably siding with Exiles for story).

I currently work as a contractor for a government agency contractor doing encryption stuff and overall desktop PC/Laptop stuff. You know, IT stuff. I plug cables in and tell people to turn it off/on again.

I'm 26 and I've played tons of MMOs. I practically have gaming as my main hobby outside of lifting weights and watching movies. I'm an expert at sitting on my butt basically.. muscle-like yet mostly fatty butt to be exact. I have started since Ultima Online, moved on to Everquest, then did the whole band wagon effect from there on out... DAoC, SWG, WoW to name a few. Rift and SWTOR to name some recent stuff.

I have always been a heavy raider, which I must say what brings me to this game the most is the concept of 40 man raids. My definition of a heavy raider though is someone who does the whole min/max thing but raiding 2-3 days a week, not sure if I'd ever go back to dedicated 4 days a week or more like many of us have done in WoW! (or Rift).

My best accomplishments as a raider is that I used to lead the top server guild in PvE and PvP back on Lord Praven on SWTOR, Inexorable Judicium. This was a fair bit ago, about a year or so? One of my friends recorded our videos though and put them on youtube if you wanna take a gander of what once was! The link below as some of my friends videos, along with our star wars guild feeds if interested in seeing. (I was Azora the Marauder back then or Kryton the Powertech)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rodrigpr1569?feature=watch

I'm not sure if I'll be THAT much into micro management and guild politics again, but you can sure bet I understand how things are. I think I am most eager to just be a raider and kick booty rather than come up with loot policies and raid strategies :D
Maybe class leader type stuff? I do like coming up with math dps stuff, math is cool you know.

I also like PvP, but this is a mixed bag for me as I have grown to like instanced PvP and dislike Arena type stuff which Wildstar will be having as well. I see myself doing regular instanced pvp, possibly warplots for fun, but really unsure about arenas since I -really- disliked WoW arenas and class imbalanced flavor of the month problems. I can still recall having a 2v2 fight where my death knight was up against a paladin as the last remaining people and the fight was going on for more than 40 minutes since he could never kill me from my life gaining attacks and I could never kill him due to argent defender I get 30% of my health back baloney. I eventually gave up as I wanted to eat food and my partner went to sleep waiting on the fight to be over. I think I'll only ever -really- get into Arena if they ever did 1v1 straight up fights, or possibly 1v1 silly mechanic challenges.. like who is the first person to chop a tree while being chased by penguins that have death lasers. Not sure if that will ever happen!... but I can dream.

Anyhoo, this has been Kryton abridged (if you can believe it). Look forward to seeing how this game turns out.

P.S.

HELLO!

Steelheart

Re: Hello from Kryton

Post by Steelheart » Mon May 13, 2013 12:54 pm

Welcome to Grievance!

Killam
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Killam » Mon May 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Welcome to Grievance! :)

NightAngel
Member 8 years
Member 8 years

Post by NightAngel » Mon May 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Welcome to Grievance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kaitlyn
Founder
Founder

Post by Kaitlyn » Mon May 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Raille
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Raille » Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Welcome!

Mider Bladesinger
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Mider Bladesinger » Mon May 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello and Welcome to Grievance.
"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts."

Kannon
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Kannon » Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Welcome to the family! Can't wait to meet you in game. Expect your skills to be put to use breaking the other factions codes .....

Beriothien
Ambassador Director
Ambassador Director

Post by Beriothien » Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Welcome!

Críostóir

Post by Cr├¡ost├│ir » Mon May 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kryton! Welcome to the family!