The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Intro and a few Q's

Shadix

Intro and a few Q's

Post by Shadix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi All,

I'm Shadix and my girlfriend and I are currently looking for a great guild to step into Wildstar with. We are both 30 and have played EQ2 for several years before quitting in 2012.

My own personal MMO experience started in EQ where I learned that snakes could kick you to death :D Since then I have played EQ2, WoW, and SWtoR (currently active on Harbinger). I did raiding in EQ2 but have since taken a more casual approach due to my not having a guild home for quite some time.

Please say hello!

Meow for the questions:

Will Grievance be playing Dominion or Exile?

What time zone server are you planning on?

Lastly, my gf is super casual but I would love to get back into grouping, raiding, and pvping: basically all aspects of the game. Is Grievance the place for us?

Thanks for reading!

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Re: Intro and a few Q's

Post by Nionya » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi Shadix!! :)

First off....Welcome to the Grievance family! We are very happy to have you on board with the rest of us anxiously awaiting the release of Wildstar! :)

You had a few questions.... Ill do my best to answer those for you.

Will Grievance be playing Dominion or Exile? We will have guilds in both factions. Grievance primarily will start guilds on PvE realms, but there has been some talk, if the interest is there, to actually have a guild on a PvP realm as well. The PvP realm is undecided at this point in time.

What time zone server are you planning on? This I am not certain of. I am sure another member could answer this one for you though. :)

Lastly, my gf is super casual but I would love to get back into grouping, raiding, and pvping: basically all aspects of the game. Is Grievance the place for us?
Grievance is a place where you can be the most simple, casual player, or the progressive raider. Each game that Grievance has a guild in has many different play styles. You will never be made to raid, or pvp if that is not your cup of tea. However, we do have very active raid groups in many games, and plan to have one in Wildstar. We have people who PvP, we have people who craft, explore, and others who just want to level. You play the game how you want, but you play it with an awesome group of people willing to keep you company and help you out along the way. :) I promise, if you game with Grievance, you will NOT be disappointed. I have been active with them since the RIFT beta, and I can never see myself gaming with anybody else!

NightAngel
Member 8 years
Member 8 years

Post by NightAngel » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Welcome to Grievance. Just have your girlfriend apply like you did if she wants to join us too. I think Nionya has you covered.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Shadix

Post by Shadix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Thank you both for the quick replies.

Nionya, it's clear from your post you are very passionate about the guild and that is very encouraging. The gf and I are in it for the long haul so having a guild that suits our gaming style is very important. Thanks for the info!

I'll definitely ask her to sign up, NightAngel. Anything to increase the chance of getting into beta, amirite?

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Post by Nionya » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Shadix wrote: Anything to increase the chance of getting into beta, amirite?
Yes!! :)

We are scrambling to get into beta as a guild! Even sent our press release to Carbine today. :) w00t!

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Welcome to the family!

Grievance will have players from all times zones, although our raids are usually around 7:30p CST for those who raid. We found this the best time to try to cater to all four main US time zones :)

Shadix

Post by Shadix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 pm

@Nionya: Nice :) I remember beta testing SWtoR and it was painful to have the devs not be receptive to player feedback. I really don't think this will be thecase with Wildstar though, as their devs have already proven they take player feedback very well and they are extrememly active in the communities. With such a huge emphasis on grouping and especially 40 man raiding, it would be detrimental to NOT let a guild as big as Grievance into beta.

@Steelheart: Thanks for the welcome and the info. We are PST over here so a central timezone shouldn't be an issue. Can't wait to flex my old raiding muscles :)

Críostóir

Post by Cr├¡ost├│ir » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Hail Shadix, and well met to you both!

The Grievance family really is that - a family, and in it, you'll find people with all sorts of interests. In our GW2 chapter, I was able to do all of the exploring, crafting, and socializing that I wanted with my guildmates here, and when it came time to crush a few skulls, I did that right alongside my Grievance guildmates as well.

I myself am somewhat torn between the two factions, and I think my ultimate choice is going to depend on the two as of yet unannounced races... I'm still hoping for the Chua, but we'll see. :)

At any rate, welcome aboard, and we'll be glad to have you both with us.

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Shadix wrote: @Steelheart: Thanks for the welcome and the info. We are PST over here so a central timezone shouldn't be an issue. Can't wait to flex my old raiding muscles :)
The raiding in this game is going to be a nice change of pace for a lot of players with 40 man raids.

Shadix

Post by Shadix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 pm

@Steelheart: Definitely, especially those who are used to smaller raid forces like in WoW where 10 man seems to be the most popular. EQ2 had 24 and that could be a fiasco at times, but the feeling of accomplishment from finally downing a raid boss just makes all the headache worth it. Not to mention the "phat lewtz" :)

I was watching a video that mentioned weekly (weekly!) incentives and rewards for completing raid based objectives. So I think to those guilds showing up with their A-game, we can plan on seeing some pretty nice additional rewards for completing those weekly challenges.

@Criostoir: Well met! I can already tell from my brief interaction here in this thread that the members are very passionate about the guild and everyone seems very personable. A great start I'd say! The Chua would definitely be cool lol. I call dibs on the name Gizmo (from the movie Gremlins :))!

The gf is really liking the Aurin, so unless something changes her mind we will probably at least start on Exile side. Which is cool with me because I am always partial to playing humans (boring, I know) so Human or Cassian works for me. Spellslinger human is sounding so cool, I really dig the steampunk-ish vibe to that combo. But let's be honest, it all looks pretty great lol.