Council Meeting Sunday August 18th at 7:00 pm cst.
Getting invalid forum token when logging in? Clear your cache and cookies and try again!
Applying for WoW Classic? CLICK HERE!

Interest in WoW Classic

Slarty
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Re: Interest in WoW Classic

Post by Slarty » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:39 pm

I would like to play WoW Classic but not we if don't have enough guildies to make it fun. To that end, I would prefer we have only one Guild. I don't care which Faction even though I have always played Alliance. From what I remember, WoW was pretty difficult even just leveling unless you have decent groups. If we can get enough people then perhaps it would make sense to have a guild for the other Faction but I think we should concentrate on one to begin with.

-- Slarty

Shakikhan
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Shakikhan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 am

Slarty wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:39 pm
I would like to play WoW Classic but not we if don't have enough guildies to make it fun. To that end, I would prefer we have only one Guild. I don't care which Faction even though I have always played Alliance. From what I remember, WoW was pretty difficult even just leveling unless you have decent groups. If we can get enough people then perhaps it would make sense to have a guild for the other Faction but I think we should concentrate on one to begin with.

-- Slarty
I can get behind that, but WoW classic is a very social game, we will be meeting a lot of people and future guild-mates just through the leveling process. It's likely we will be doing a lot of recruitment just questing, forming dungeon groups and crafting.
It's going to take casual players a few months to hit level 60 which will be a lot of time to get two guilds populated.

That being said, populated guilds capable of raiding 40 mans can be pretty large and managing two guilds of that size can be a mammoth undertaking, so I totally see your point.

Memo
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Memo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:33 am

We will be having two guilds for Classic. We want everyone to be able to play want they want under the Grievance tag. The leveling process is going to be slow for us as we area casual organization and recruiting will be a continuous process.

Shakikhan
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Shakikhan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm

You can log in on august 13th to view server lists and reserve your character names in WoW Classic. That is two weeks before launch so it should give us a moment to select servers and reserve our names.

Shakikhan
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Shakikhan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm

Will we be getting a WoW Classic embassy forum soon? I'd sure love to start posting classic content.

Creed
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Creed » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:03 am

Shakikhan wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm
Will we be getting a WoW Classic embassy forum soon? I'd sure love to start posting classic content.
Yes. you will have a place to post. Everything will be set up accordingly in time for the big launch.
**** WoW Classic Alliance GL and Master of Nothing ****
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Brax
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Brax » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:42 pm

I will be playing classic as well. Healer for Alliance or Horde

Shakikhan
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Shakikhan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Final Classic Beta moments. The GMs were messing with everyone, even killing players and playing as Horde Humans and stuff. Too funny.

edit: changed the video to one without profanities.

The Horde had Birmingham the GM messing around with everyone, but the Alliance fought Rag. Cthun Kazzak and KT which was pretty awesome.

Padraic
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Padraic » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:17 am

WoW Classic forum is now up:

viewforum.php?f=1015

Farmer
Member 8 years
Member 8 years

Post by Farmer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Many people are coming back to Classic, including myself.

Return to “World of Warcraft Community Forums”