Next Council Meeting: Sunday December 22 at 7:00 pm cst.
Getting invalid forum token when logging in? Clear your cache and cookies and try again!

Bioware actually did it.....server merges arriving

fleshribbon
Embassy Leader
Embassy Leader

Re: Bioware actually did it.....server merges arriving

Post by fleshribbon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:49 pm

ClowReed wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 am
Creed wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:58 pm
Im not much worried about keeping names. Honestly the only thing that would get me to re-sub is a healthy Grievance presence back in the game once again.
Yeah would be nice to get back into raiding.
I kind of miss the old grievance crew, was fun times.
I mean, I still play at least twice a week. If we could get at least 8 people to dedicate to a time and day I'd be down for a reunion. The "Story Mode" Ops bolster from level 50 up so the real roadblocks are people and commitment.
Flesh - 70 Scoundrel
Flesheye - 70 Juggernaut
SWTOR Embassy Leader

HollyC1114
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by HollyC1114 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 pm

If I remember to do it, Fleshribbon, I'll add your scoundrel's name to my gunslinger's friends list and maybe we can chat a bit. My gunslinger hasn't done any KOTFE / KOTET content but I've always been interested primarily in story mode content, including ops. I just need to find when (or even if, sadly) I can devote the time. I'm trying to spend more time out of the house, face to face with people, as much as I can.

Holly C.

(My gunslinger's name is Eemeli; I don't know how it's pronounced haha, just that it's a Finnish name. Yes my gunslinger is a he; I play a few male toons in order to have seen their romance storylines (Risha, Nadia, Vette etc.)).
WTF = FTW spelled backward

Creed
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Creed » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

So, a little update.

The merge seems to be, in most part, a success. I did a little preventative maintenance the night before by making sure all toons were out of their strongholds, ships and on their respective fleets so that no possible bugs would happen. I didnt mess with anything else.

Everything with me went smoothly. I lost no names and all personal and legacy cargo holds are intact. I cant see the guild hold because of my preferred status.

Flesh you may want to double check the guild hold but im sure all is well.
**** WoW Classic Victim and Master of Nothing ****
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Killam
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Killam » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 pm

I am talking with Flesh asking him how to get this going again. I have been playing again myself and there is a lot of people that needs a good guild home. If we can schedule a time and date to meet to discuss if we have people interested.

Maybe I can start a vote poll post and see? Will yall vote?

Creed
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Creed » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:00 am

Killam wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 pm
I am talking with Flesh asking him how to get this going again. I have been playing again myself and there is a lot of people that needs a good guild home. If we can schedule a time and date to meet to discuss if we have people interested.

Maybe I can start a vote poll post and see? Will yall vote?
It's pretty simple....you have to put your recruiter hat back on.

Okay, so it's not so simple lol.

Seriously though, I think getting a handful of people to commit to a regular schedule will be a challenge but I'll support it and log in to whatever transpires.

I would also say that it's safe to go ahead and post your poll, get the ball rolling and see where the community stands.

fleshribbon
Embassy Leader
Embassy Leader

Post by fleshribbon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 am

Creed wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:00 am

Seriously though, I think getting a handful of people to commit to a regular schedule will be a challenge but I'll support it and log in to whatever transpires.

I would also say that it's safe to go ahead and post your poll, get the ball rolling and see where the community stands.
That's the key, it is hard to recruit people into an inactive guild even more so when you do not even have the 10% guild bonus while there is a plethora of active guilds big and small that do both. It is not easy and takes dedication of a group of people rather than just one.
Flesh - 70 Scoundrel
Flesheye - 70 Juggernaut
SWTOR Embassy Leader

Killam
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Killam » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 am

fleshribbon wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 am
Creed wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:00 am

That's the key, it is hard to recruit people into an inactive guild even more so when you do not even have the 10% guild bonus while there is a plethora of active guilds big and small that do both. It is not easy and takes dedication of a group of people rather than just one.

Well that is true. But, it don't hurt to try I say. Flesh is it ok to post a poll and see?

fleshribbon
Embassy Leader
Embassy Leader

Post by fleshribbon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Killam wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 am
Well that is true. But, it don't hurt to try I say. Flesh is it ok to post a poll and see?
I was not saying not to but trying to impress that it is going to take a solid, concerted effort....I'm too old and tired to try to do it solo again :p

Feel free to post a poll.
Flesh - 70 Scoundrel
Flesheye - 70 Juggernaut
SWTOR Embassy Leader

Killam
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Killam » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

fleshribbon wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm
Killam wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 am
I was not saying not to but trying to impress that it is going to take a solid, concerted effort....I'm too old and tired to try to do it solo again :p

Feel free to post a poll.

I understand completely. Well if we have a solid group of people, then you won't be alone. I will help. I have always been good at recruiting.

Creed
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Creed » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Also, don't forget that we have two guilds on the server. Who ever comes aboard will have to be responsible for both for an undetermined amount of time.

Return to “SWTOR Community Forums”