Grievance open Council meeting on Sunday 26th of July at 7:00 CST
Getting an invalid forum token when logging in? Clear your cache and cookies and try again!

Density Test

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Density Test

Post by Novatek » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:03 pm

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/art ... nsity-test

Hello Adventurers,

Although New World will not be launching this August, we are proud of the progress we’ve made in the past year and we want to share it with you. Starting August 25th, all Beta signups on newworld.com through July 9th, all pre-orders, and all Alpha testers in good standing will be invited to join us in Aeternum for a playtest of New World. The New World Preview will not be under NDA. Anyone playing is encouraged to discuss their impressions openly, live stream and create content to share with others, and freely communicate feedback to us about how they would like to see New World continue to grow.

In preparation for New World Preview, we will need the community’s help in preparing our servers to ensure stability at scale. A Density Test will be hosted on our US server beginning on Thursday, 7/30/2020. Come help ensure the servers are ready for New World Preview. Please note that the Density Test will be under NDA, unlike the New World Preview in August.

For this Density Test, we will be inviting all Alpha Testers, everyone who pre-ordered on or before July 26th and a random selection of Beta sign ups received on or before July 9th to join in and play alongside the New World team. Due to the need to have a large wave of players in the game at the same time, we will begin rolling out Density Test invites a few days prior to the start of 7/30/2020 at 2:00 PM PT. While the Density Test may only run for a short window of time, it is a critical piece of our preparation for New World Preview, and your help is very important.

Where to check for Density Test participation details:

Steam Pre-Orders will not be receiving an e-mail with details for access to the test. Instead please check the New World community page or your Steam feed.

Amazon Pre-Orders will receive an e-mail with a Steam key and details for access to the test.

Alpha Players will be granted automatic access and will receive an e-mail with details for access to the test.

Select Beta Sign Ups will receive an e-mail with a Steam key and details for access to the test.

Schedule:

While you will be able to log in and play any time during this Density Test, we have a few specific windows of time we ask that everyone log in and play if possible. This will help us collect critical test data.

FAQ

How do I participate in Density Test?

We will be inviting all Alpha Testers, everyone who pre-ordered on or before July 26th and a random selection of Beta sign ups received on or before July 9th, 2020.

How do I participate in New World Preview?

All Beta signups through July 9th, all pre-orders, and all Alpha testers in good standing will be invited.

Is the Density Test under NDA?

Yes. The Density Test will be held under NDA.

Is the New World Preview under NDA?

No. During the New World Preview the NDA will be lifted and we invite everyone to communicate freely, stream and create content, and provide feedback.

On what server location is the Density Test taking place?

North America/IAD/us-east1

Why is New World hosting a Density Test?

The density testing would have taken place during the Closed Beta. Given the change of schedule, we will need to host a test to prepare game servers for New World Preview.

Will the servers be wiped between Density Test and New World Preview?

Yes. The servers will be wiped and any progress in Density Test will not be carried into Preview Week.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Nionya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Density Test

Post by Nionya » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 am

I need to buy into this...

Maybe...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kilborn
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Kilborn » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:36 am

I got into this stress test and really liked it. I'll be pre-ordering.

I hope the figure out a way to balance the factions. I picked Covenent and we were pretty sparse! Did anyone esle get some play time this weekend?

Nionya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nionya » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Kilborn wrote:I got into this stress test and really liked it. I'll be pre-ordering.

I hope the figure out a way to balance the factions. I picked Covenent and we were pretty sparse! Did anyone esle get some play time this weekend?
Glad to hear this!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Return to “New World”