Next Council Meeting: Sunday December 22 at 7:00 pm cst.
Getting invalid forum token when logging in? Clear your cache and cookies and try again!

Character Professions

Thamin Trollsbane
Charter Member
Charter Member

Character Professions

Post by Thamin Trollsbane » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am

Mostly going Horde here, and considering my options for character professions. I know a lot of references have said that if I go rogue, I should do leathercraft. However, I'm wondering if that really is my rogue's best potential. I like the idea of potions to augment and such, but its also been forever since I even looked at trade choices.

I'll likely run alts with complimentary tradeskills, but by the time one gets near endgame usually the alts are running behind the progress.

What are folks thinking for professions? Anyone feeling like they will cover a certain need for the guild?
Former Recruiting Officer: ESO, Rift
Author site http://DheaLoral.com

Wabisan
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Character Professions

Post by Wabisan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 am

Going skinning & enchanting on main, leatherworking and tailoring on alt to work towards early wands and enchants.
Engineering on other alt not sure about others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shakikhan
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Shakikhan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 am

Thamin Trollsbane wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am
Mostly going Horde here, and considering my options for character professions. I know a lot of references have said that if I go rogue, I should do leathercraft. However, I'm wondering if that really is my rogue's best potential. I like the idea of potions to augment and such, but its also been forever since I even looked at trade choices.

I'll likely run alts with complimentary tradeskills, but by the time one gets near endgame usually the alts are running behind the progress.

What are folks thinking for professions? Anyone feeling like they will cover a certain need for the guild?
You don't have to do LW/Skinning for Rogue, Herb/Alch is a worthy profession for any class. There really isn't a 'best' option, but if you mean the profession that will help you be a more successful DPS then engineering isn't a bad call, it won't earn you any money, but it will increase your damage output and give you a lot of utility options like goblin jumper cables.

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:23 am

I'm thinking skinning/mining for the initial bit, selling all the leather for cash and bank all the ore. At some point drop skinning for engineering and burn all the ore that I saved up to level it up quickly.

Guld
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Guld » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:58 am

I'm going herb/alch. Pots and flasks are important for endgame and I want to be able to farm/make for myself with the bonus of selling surplus and helping guildmates. Last time around I was a blacksmith and I remember selling certain items or crafting for tips but other than that it sort of lost its luster later into content as you get better gear in raids.

Shakikhan
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Shakikhan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:14 pm

I landed on Miner/Armorsmith even thought I might have money issues.

Robilar
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Robilar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:19 pm

another great combo is mining/engineering, lots of cool gadgets if you like to pvp that can lock down you opponents and also the teleporters to either gadget or winterspring later

Noexit
Officer
Officer

Post by Noexit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Alliance. On main I am going Herbalism and Skinning initially. Then Switching Skinning to Tailoring later when cloth starts dropping in more significance. On my primary alt I am going Enchanting and Alchemy for early wands and to utilize herbs from my main. At least, that's the current plan heh.

Robilar
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Robilar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:52 pm

I have same plan but going skinning with either tailor for bags while leveling or enchanting but horde side think we have at least 2 that want to start enchanted so leaning to the tailor side was easy bags.. 18 linen 9 thread which is about 30 copper for 3 6 slots which is simple by time you get to brill, then dropping skinning for enchanting

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 pm

hmm.. I think you're right about that Robilar; I'll probably do skinning/tailor to get some bags first. Save a few gold and make use of the cloth drops.

Remember: Mooncloth is back on a 4 day cooldown...

Return to “Classic Community Forums”